MSD Animal Health Terms & Conditions: Social media competition
- These terms and conditions, together with the terms and conditions that are specific to any prize (as defined below) (the ‘Prize Specific Terms’) are known as the ‘Rules’. Words used in the ‘Prize Specific Terms’ shall have the same meaning when used here. In the event of any conflict between the ‘Prize Specific Terms’ and the Standard Terms, the ‘Prize Specific Terms’ shall prevail.
- The Rules apply to any competition (the ‘Competition’) that is promoted on the MSD Animal Health Ireland social media pages or on our website (www.bovilis.ie) by MSD Animal Health (Red Oak North, South County Business Park, Leopardstown, D18) and by entering the Competition, you agree to be bound by the Rules.
- MSD Animal Health reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in its absolute discretion. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by MSD Animal Health.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you in your Entry is true, accurate and complete in every respect. MSD Animal Health reserves the right to verify any information contained in your Entry and/or your eligibility to enter the Competition.
- Unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, the Competition is only open to persons who are resident in Ireland and persons who are resident outside Ireland may not apply.
- The Competition is open to persons over the age of 18 years only and must be either or full or part time beef, sheep or dairy farmer, proof (herd number) of same will be required by MSD Animal Health. Contractors may not apply.
- MSD Animal Health reserve the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe that an entrant has breached any of the Rules, any applicable law (including copyright law) or has otherwise infringed the intellectual property of any other person. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that any failure to comply with the Rules could lead to MSD Animal Health disqualifying that person, without MSD Animal Health giving any reason for such disqualification or granting any opportunity for challenge.
- Any person that is: (a) an employee of any company involved in the Competition; or (b) a family member of such employee, is not eligible to enter the Competition. MSD Animal Health reserves the right to disqualify any person that it knows is, or has reasonable grounds to believe is, ineligible for the Competition as a result of this Rule.
- In the event that a Prize-winner is disqualified from the Competition, MSD Animal Health will, unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, select an alternative Prize-winner in the same manner as the original Prize-winner and such selection will be subject to the Rules.
- COMPETITION ENTRIES:
- Entries must be made by the Closing Date and in the manner set out in the Competition Terms. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- Unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, only one Entry per person is permitted. In the event that MSD Animal Health discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe that the same person has made multiple Entries, such person and any Entries made by them shall be disqualified and, if such Entrant has already been selected as a Prize-winner, an alternative Prize-winner will be selected in accordance with Rule 5.F above.
- Prize-winners will be selected and notified up to 10 working days after the entry deadline is reached. The entry deadline will be indicated in the competition post on social media.
- Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. In the event of a prize being unavailable for any reason MSD Animal Health reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
- Prizes must be accepted in the manner set out in the Prize Notification. In the event that any Prize Notification is returned as undeliverable or any Prize-winner fails to validly reply to a Prize Notification within 28 days, MSD Animal Health reserves the right to disqualify the Prize-winner and select an alternative Prize-winner.
- MSD Animal Health accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment of any kind suffered by any entrant in entering the Competition, including as a result of any entrant winning or not winning any prize.
- MSD Animal Health accepts no responsibility for Entries lost, damaged or delayed in the post, or due to computer error in transit. Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS AND DATA PROTECTION:
- You agree that MSD Animal Health (and any third party authorised by MSD Animal Health) may use your Entry (whether or not it wins the Competition) for any promotional purpose (for example, placing it on the MSD Animal Health website or on any poster, leaflet or other advertising media). You confirm that your Entry is original that you own and have the right to license to MSD Animal Health the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Entry for the purposes referred to in these Rules. You will retain ownership of copyright in your Entry but you give MSD Animal Health (and any third party authorised by MSD Animal Health) your irrevocable permission to use, reproduce, publish, display, transmit, copy, amend, store, sell and sub-licence your Entry worldwide for such promotional purposes and for the purposes of the Competition.
- All Prize-winners unconditionally agree (as a condition of accepting any prize) to: (a) the use of their name, one or more photographs of themselves and (b) co-operate with or participate in any other reasonable post-Competition publicity.
- GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
- The Rules and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter (including the Competition), existence, negotiation, validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Irish law.
Prize specific terms
- MSD Animal Health
- The prize consists of an ‘All expenses paid Study Tour’ (the “MSD Prize”). If the winning entrant is a beef or sheep farmer, they will attend a study tour to Scotland to the Royal Highland Show, a local agricultural research centre and some top performing beef/sheep farms. If the winning entrant is a dairy farmer, they will attend a study tour to visit a select number of top performing dairy farms within one European country. The country will be The Netherlands. MSD Animal Health have the right to change this location without giving prior notice. The winning participant is the only person entitled to the MSD Prize. The MSD Prize is worth up to a maximum cash value of €500.00. The MSD Prize has not yet been ordered/booked/reserved; thus, the total cost of the MSD Prize has not yet been determined. The cash value of the MSD Prize will not exceed €500.00. The Prize will cover flights, transfers, accommodation, breakfast, lunch and dinner each day. There is no additional spending money included. The MSD Prize is supplied by Intervet (Ireland) Limited trading as MSD Animal Health (“MSD Animal Health”). For the avoidance of doubt, MSD Animal Health’s financial liability to the competition winner shall not exceed the cash value of €500.00.
- The MSD Prize is non-negotiable, non-transferrable and there is no cash alternative. MSD Animal Health reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of equal or greater value.
- The prize is valid between 1st January 2022 – 31st October 2022, after which, the MSD Prize will not be redeemable and will be null and void.
- The Prize-winner unconditionally agrees (as a condition of accepting any prize) to: (a) the use of his or her name, one or more photographs of themselves and (b) co-operate with or participate in any other reasonable post-Competition publicity in relation to the MSD Prize and/or MSD Animal Health.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, MSD Animal Health, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the MSD Prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the MSD Animal Health, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- MSD Animal Health reserves the right to cancel or amend these terms and conditions without notice in its absolute discretion. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the MSD Animal Health.
- MSD Animal Health is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- MSD Animal Heath will process any personal data received from the Prize-winner in accordance with the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003.
- MSD Animal Health reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the MSD Prize in its absolute discretion. Any changes to the MSD Prize will be notified to entrants/the competition winner (as applicable) as soon as possible by MSD Animal Health.
MSD Animal Health
Red Oak North, South County Business Park, Leopardstown,
Dublin 18, Ireland